My computer temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

goliath9

hi guys just got this computer and just happen to download a software off of techspot. Speedfan 4.28

Temp:

CPU: 57-56c

Internal Temp: 29c

Remote Temp: 46-47

is this a ? or ok ? need advice guys

What cpu do you have in there? Is that your idle temps or at full load?

If it is your idle temps, then (depending on what CPU you have) that is probably a bit high. Go into your bios and check what temps are being reported (2nd opinion, sometimes speedfan makes mistakes identifying the sensors) and get back to us.

Just saw your profile. You have a pentium D 920. I can't find the specs for that specific CPU (sure I could if I searched a little longer but....)

I found the critical core temps for the 820 830 and 840. Yours can't be too different.

Intel Pentium D (dual core)
Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) 63°C
Pentium D 830 and 840 (3.0-3.2GHz) 69.8°C

So it looks like you are getting up there (assuming you have given us your idle temps).

Again, get a second opinion first (check your bios readings) and if it also shows you are up there, you may need to re-seat your CPU with some new thermal paste (assuming all your case fans are working and you have been cleaning your case dust regularly of course ;) )

check my bios reading? re-seat my cpu with some new thermal paste? thats sound like a if i mess up i could mess up my cpu ? thank guys ....i need more detail ..as for the reading its what i get off of speed fan.. so 57-56 is high for my cpu?

i have a gateway btx case? ..so i thing its only come equited with 2fans and the reading for the fans are: fan1: 862 fan2 1052 but its changes often...and how can i increase my fans ? i know if i try to add another fan ..it might void my warranty? is there an alternative way? ?

It's a hard call, and all depends on your comfort level with computers. Judging by the questions you are asking above, I am leaning towards suggesting you take your comptuer in to a professional and have it looked at.

High temps can be dangerous to the system, and there is a good chance that your system is running too warm. We can try and help you find the cause/solve the problem of course. Just say the word and I/we can help walk you through it but of course, as you don't know what you are doing, there are always risks....

Sometimes the right thing to do is to know your own limits and pay a pro.

(This should be in the cooling section, but anyway...)

I don't think you should bother bringing it to a professional so fast. Just run a background program that hogs the CPU (Here's a good one: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Toast_d867.html. Run 2 or 3 at the same time to get your CPU at full load). If it crashes, you may have a heating problem (other problems may be in play, but lets not worry about it. Yet). Monitor the temperature while the program(s) are running, and post back here.

Or you can just refer to the temps above, and if its above that, you have a problem.

If its close, you might want to have it looked at, or if there is no problem with the computer you can just leave it alone.

Another reason why it can be that high may be the position of your computer. Has it been seeing alot of sun? Especially with a black coloured case, you can get increased temps with your comp in the sun.

Or maybe an enclosed area under the desk? No space for hot air to escape will show rising temps.

From experience, most branded computers (by branded I meant built by big name companies) should have no problems with temps, assuming all fans work. They're built to be as trouble free as possible.

hi

but wont the warranty cover these kind of problems? ..i mean i read the warranty but maybe i miss out something like that

Run the program, and see if the temperatures go any higher.

I'm not sure warranty covers temps, read the manual. Should be in there. From my understanding of the word "warranty", if there isn't a problem with running the computer, you shouldn't be able to claim it.

Try out the program and get back here with the new readings. 56C at load is nothing at all to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back