My Computer Turns off at Night with a Program Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Man

Hi

I’m running Vista Home Premium

I've seen for the last few months if I leave a Program on and get up in the morning the Computer is Turned right off.

The Screen Goes Black and then shuts off(Not sure on how many hours it takes)to completely turn off.

Have had it idle for about 10 mins or so and the screen goes black

I've tried to put a screen saver and it doesn't show

What settings can I go into to stop this from turning the computer right off

The Lap-Top is a Compaq Presario C500

Thanks

Alright

These are the settings

batterylife.jpg

poweroptions.jpg

This is the other settings from that list on the left

Im going to click Never and see what happens

Are you sure that you computer is completely turn off?

Have you try to click on the mouse or keyboard click? As your settings is showing that you laptop is set to turn the display off after 30 min when on battery and 20 min when plug to electricity.

Your computer may not have turned off. For example, my laptop goes into a sleep mode after a few minutes wihout use and the only way I can 'wake it up' is by pressing the Fn(function) key.

Are all the lights on your computer off when you go back to it and claim its off?

If none of the above applied to you then you changing your power settings should solve the problem.

Should your power settings not solve the problem. Then the only thing i can really think of is overheating...

Yes Not one Light is on

Two Days ago I got up at 6:00Am and Had to turn the Computer on

Then at around 9:00Am same thing

I think It might be overHeating

Last Night I put a Book on the one side to prop it up.so the Fan/vents could cool and nothing even had the lid down and everything still was working in the morning.

All my programs were running etc

Ok so then it may a peripherals heating. You may use SpeedFan for trying to put the Fan speed a little higher.

Also have you done some overclocking on the graphic card or another peripheral?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back