My computer will not work after new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought 2GB of RAM (Corsair Twin2x2048-8500c5d) and when I tried to install it i kept getting an error so i figured it was my mobo and went out and bought a new one. (I bought a Asus p5n-e sli) When I got everything set up i turned on the computer and nothing happened.. Then I messed with a few things and the mobo and cpu started up but the screen said no signal. Now its just not starting up again and i haven't touched anything! It also started up once and then shut itself off. I had a friend come over to help me and he said everything is connected right and he does not know why it doesn't work. Now it wont detect my VC! I start my college classes tomorrow and it would help if i could get my pc working asap! Can anyone help?

of course you reinstalled windows with a new mobo and checked to see if your ram is compatible by reading the ram guide in the guides forum right?

I hate it when people keep saying "then how do you post here" - people obvoiusly have more than 1 computer to themselves or family

CJ-real, read the post he was asked to read an earlier post and he asked how yo do it. if he can post he can read.

I think he meant how does he reinstall Windows when he can't turn on the PC, not read the RAM guide.

I think the original problem is you bought the wrong RAM. Your motherboard probably didn't support DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500). Your new Asus motherboard (and probably your old one) only supports up to DDR2 800 (PC2 6400). By coincidence I happen to have the same Corsair RAM, XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500C5). However, I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard which explicitly does support that RAM. And, by the way, to make it work as intended I still had to turn up the RAM voltage in the BIOS. So RAM is not always just plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back