TechSpot

My computer wont boot, ive tried all i can think of

By cookw1212
Mar 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive built my computer about a year ago and have had no serious problems except for now. I was downloading the pictures from my digital camera to my computer when it just randomly shut down. After it shut down, i unplugged my camera and tried to boot it up but nothing happened at all. So i unplugged it from the wall and waited about 30 minutes and when i plugged it in again 2 of my fans start spinning even though the computer is turned off. I tested to see if it was a power supply problem by hooking up a different power supply, but when i do that, nothing happens, nothing works at all. I took my mobo out of the case to see if there was a short but i didnt see anything and i plugged in the mobo to both of the power supplies and all that happend is that when i pressed my power button, the cpu fan spun for 2 seconds then stopped and did nothing when i pressed the power button again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

reseat your CMOS battery. Did you have a surge protector? Possible spike.
    If the computer won't POST, you have a serious problem.

remove all but the essentials.....
  3. cookw1212

cookw1212 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yea i did have a surge protector and it is relatively new, i got it about a year ago.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.