My computer won't boot up after upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!... my computer won't boot up... well it did boot up after 15 tries ( i was desperate my friend accidently deleted the partition where i store all my photo files and i wanted to recover them... well i recovered most of them) ...

I upgraded my MOBO and my processor .. now i have a PCCHIPS A11G-V and a AMD 6000+ X2... when i turn my pc on it runs fine until the windows logging screen starts loading (the one with the flag and the blue loading bar) .. then the processor (i think) shuts itself down... the lights on the CPU stay on however. I called a friend of mine and he thinks my Powersupply sucks for this CPU ... i have a generic psw that came with the case... here's what it says..

"5V and +3.3V combined load maximum 230W - Total output maximum 525W"
"INPUT-115V - 230V - , 12/6A - 60/50HZ"
MODEL OMEGA 525ATX...

also the BIOS doesn't recognize the CPU.. the guy that set it up tells me it's no big deal , cause the PCCHIPS webpage shows that the board supports this CPU (which it does) , but that if i ever get any problem to update the BIOS (problem is,it doesn't have an installer but a flash utility and i dont want to screw my board... also i don't think updating my BIOS will solve the problem)...

what do you think would help?

My system
Windows XP- SP2
2 HDD (160 and 80)
1DVD-RW
Ati X1950Pro
1GB DDR2 533

dont know if it matters but i had a INTEL mobo and a pentiumD 2.8ghz processor... changed it because the processor was overheating too much... and you could hear the fan in the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back