My computer won't turn on when graphics card is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just formatted my hd the other day and last night I was reinstalling all my drivers and stuff. I downloaded the newest catilyst drivers for my Radeon 9800 Pro and installed them, then restarted my computer and everything was working just fine. Then I tried to install the drivers for my Sound Blaster Audigy and my computer was recognizing the sound card, so I shut my computer down to make sure the card was seated right and all the cables were plugged in. Well now my computer won't turn on at all. When I push the power button all the lights flash and the fans spin for a split second likes its going to turn on but doesn't, and then I press the power button again and it doesn't even do anything at all. So I opened it back up checked all my power cables and everything, plugged it back in and the same thing again. So I pulled out my graphics card thinking maybe it had something to do with the drivers I had just installed, and it turns on just fine without my graphics card in.

Also, before I ever installed any drivers or anything on the computer, it would occassionally freeze right after windows finished booting, and sometimes after it had been booted up for a while, my monitor would shut off like it wasn't getting any signal from the computer even though the computer was still on and I would have to reboot.

Any Ideas??? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Please read this Thread
It'll help us help you.
In the meantime, what pci slot do you have the sound card in?
How does the computer responed when you take it back out?
G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back