my desktop shuts off when it wants to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I believe I have a virus from hell. It seems it's a back door virus, went to Symantec site found manual removal instructions, when I go to regedit and search any of the names listed in the instructions my computer restarts on its own. It will not let me to run a virus scan without shutting down.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of madbizman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thx for your reply. I read the section you suggested, however, I already have Norton's on my computer. Can I use AVG along with Norton's?

Are you referring to AVG free antivirus or AVG Antispyware?

If it`s the latter, there won`t be a problem running it with Norton. If it`s the former, then don`t install AVG free antivirus.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of madbizman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back