My (detailed) introduction

By RH00D
Jul 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey, I guess I can start off with explaining my alias. My name is Ryan Hood and my alias is just a play off that.

I've been reading Techspot and other tech sites for roughly about 3 years, I'm 18 now. I've always had a interest in computers and then I discovered the custom building side of computers and wanted to get into that. So I did a ton of research just reading product reviews, benchmarks, and daily news about tech until March 2010 when I finally had enough knowledge (and more significantly, money) to build my own computer.

The main reason I never created an account until now is because it is not very often I feel the need to voice my opinion all over the internet. Also, on the internet, people that are capable of having a mature and respectful discussion seem to be few and far between. But after reading comments here for a couple years I know there are some people who are capable of having a nice clean conversation, even if there are differing opinions.

My specs are listed in my profile. I was using 4GB of G.SKILL RAM and I just upgraded that a few weeks ago since the price was so low. I'm planning on upgrading my Phenom II 550 to a 1090T in a week or two.

I almost never get angry. It takes a lot to make me mad and I'm extremely easy to get along with. I try to be nice and often go out of my way to help people out with anything they might need. Although, one of my bad points is that sometimes I can be a little bit of a smart ***, haha.

Overall, I'm looking forward to my stay here and looking forward to meeting some nice people. I know I don't have much credibility since I just created my account, but, if you got any problems related to computers, I wouldn't mind seeing if I could help you if you send me a message.
  2. lopdog

lopdog TS Maniac Posts: 295

Hi! And welcome to Techspot, it's great to have you here. I'm sure you can contribute with your knowledge, and maybe get answers to some of your questions too. :)
    Be sure to read the Community FAQ.
  3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Hello and welcome to TechSpot Ryan; I think you'll fit right in here dude. :)
  4. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Welcome Ryan :)
  5. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,971   +10

Hi Ryan :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)
  6. lskenandore

lskenandore TS Rookie

Very New & need help!

Hi, I am very new here and really do not know what to do. I am Linda W Skenandore and I live in the US. My problem is this. I am running Malware Bytes and it keeps popping up this message: Malwarebytes' Anti Malware has successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website: TYPE: Outgoing. When I goggled it I came across a thread for Techspot but thread was closed. So, I joined to get an answer to what this could possibly be. I saw something about Host possibly being attacked. Please help. If I need to send the log file I really do not know how to do that because I could not see a place to post except here. Thank you, Linda
  7. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Hi lskenandore

For proper attention, you should start your own thread for a problem.

For malware help, follow the directions HERE. Create a new thread in the Malware removal forum. Be sure you PASTE all your logs (do not attach them). Attached logs won't get reviewed.

p.s. And welcome to Techspot :)