My Documents Folders have a mind of their own!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelvis

I have a simple question..why do you my folders in 'my documents' move around automatically?
I've arranged them just how I want then when i access them from somewhere else or sometimes I think even when I dont access them, they just move to a different place in my documents.
Does anyone know how to sort this problem?
Thanks

sorry but i cant clearly understand what u mean RBS

could u pls tell us step by step

Do we use this in My documents folder?
sorry for my stupid mind ;)

RealBlackStuff said:
In Explorer click on the column-headers: Name for A-Z, Name again for Z-A, Date old-new, Date again for new-old, etc.
Click on the title above the column (e.g. Name) to sort the files by Name, A first, Z last, click on Name again and the opposite sort takes place, Z first, A last.
etc.

I don't really understand your concern

Jelvis said:
I have a simple question..why do you my folders in 'my documents' move around automatically?
I've arranged them just how I want then when i access them from somewhere else or sometimes I think even when I dont access them, they just move to a different place in my documents.
Does anyone know how to sort this problem?
Thanks

:confused:

What do you mean by move around automatically?? You mean they are the same folders but just sorted differently?? Or you mean the hyarchie of your folders changed??

cT

Sorry everyone for why I didnt reply sooner.
What I mean is when i click on my documents, I expect to see folders in places where I personally put them. I have a folder called 'downloads' and thats one of the main ones that moves around to a different place in my documents because I use this file a lot. The folder is still there and works fine, its just its not where I put it so I have to look for it every time.
I just cant see what can be causing this since the only option I have on is align to grid in the view menu.

Open the my documents folder, and click on view, and select arrange icons by.
Select modified. Now whatever way you arrange them, they should stay where you put them.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back