TechSpot

My documents problem

By beerabuser30
Jan 22, 2008
  1. Due to problems I stated here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic97371.html
    I need to get my old files off a hard drive to a different one. I took the old hard drive out and put it into a different computer. It works fine but I cant see my documents folder says i do not have permission how do i get around this?

2. wanna be geek

wanna be geek TS Rookie Posts: 80

Do you have it hooked up as a slave???

3. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 200

Yeah, because it was XP home I had to be in safe mode to see the security tab. weird

4. wanna be geek

I wonder if you could boot off a cd/floppy and copy the files to a flash drive.. That is weird. I have done what you are trying to do more than a few times and never had that problem.. I am going to check some stuff I think I have on this and post back in a bit...

5. wanna be geek

You have to boot your system in safemode and login as Administrator to get that Security tab, change ownership and you should be good to go...

6. wanna be geek

7. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 200

I got that part done now I am transfering a ton of crap to another drive. This sucks

8. wanna be geek

At least it worked... I sit at home all day and do all sorts of stuff like that... I am always up for the challange and always can say I learn something new every day. Glad you got it going...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.