My dvd drive doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an hp pavillion ze5620 laptop with Windows xp. I bought this laptop off of ebay, and it worked great (DVD player worked well too), but obviously had some bugs. None of the Antivirus stuff I found got rid of it, and since it was a brand new laptop to me, I didn't have anything on the hard drive that I needed to save, so I erased my hard drive, and then reinstalled all of my programs with the cd that came with the laptop. But ever since my DVD drive doesn't work. The error messages that I get vary, depending on the program I use, as follows:

DirectDVD:
"Render failed- please try your dvd disc again"

WinDVD
"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection"
or the audio will play, but no video shows up.

Interactual
"The DVD navigator was not detected. If you don't have one installed, you will need to upgrade your system. Otherwise, try to reinstall your DVD Navigator."

These messages, and te connected help messages, of course, don't solve the problem. HELP ME!!!

Thanks for the advice, I used the link you gave me, I actually have already tried this, but for some reason my computer can't seem to connect to their server. I just get a message that its trying to connect with (I'm not allowed to put the URL apparently), but it doesn't work and after about 30 seconds I get an error message that says:
Server error!:
"227 Entering passive mode (192, 6, 165, 119, 173, 21)"
(347.14.1058)
please restart getR downloader with the shortcut on your desktop later.

My firewall is disabled but this shortcut never works. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back