My DVD Drive won't read

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

My DVD Drive "LIFE -ON COMBO SOHC-5343K" having issue reading on some DVD movies...

It's showing zero size when inserting particular DVD, obviously it cannot play or explore... I remember my DVD Drive used to play that same DVD before, but now how come its acting this way? I tried the movie on standalone DVD player and it work fine, and most of the movie also can play on my DVD Drive... So what the problem here? :(

Hi
I wish there was a diagnostic for optical drives as I have yet to find one. Other than that, checking dma for that ide channel, and making sure connections are in order, along with uninstalling any dvd software, then reg cleaning to remove any traces of it, then install the same or different dvd software.
For this reason and a few others I only install dvd player software so I can use the M$ provided one.

Ive been having similar problems with my DVD burner. I dont know if this will work in your situation but you could try cleaning your drive. I use my air compressor. open the drive and blow short bursts of air at an angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back