My dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer has been messing up. when i have a cd inside of my dvd rom drive, it has the little busy light on but it doesn't detect the cd. also, the cd won't come out. i'm installing somethign right now, and i'm on the third disc and my computer isn't detecting the disc. i don't know what to do. what i usually do is restart my computer, but then i'll lose the installation progess, and if i restart and start all over i know it'll mess up again. does anyone know how to fix this? this happens with all cds, games, videos, music, everything.

have you tried inserting disc then clicking my computer, then the drive, and then selecting explore or open to see if will detect the disc? if it doesn't it may be time to buy a new one

you could also try a head cleaner as you would in a music system

You could have a loose IDE cable, either loose at the drive or at the motherboard. So check to make sure those are seated properly and haven't worked loose.

You may be able to eject the cd from within Windows by opening My Computer and right clicking on the drive and selecting eject.

Also I assume you have ran some malware/virus check to make sure it isn't one of those causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back