My E drive is giving me problems. take a minute to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malik17

Hey, my E Drive which is a DVD re-writer wont read DVDs at all. It reads cd roms fine. Anyone have any suggestions???

thx 4 taking sum time to read this

EDIT: ive tried the troubleshoot. it comes up with nothing. it doesnt play dvds or dvd-roms. When i try opening the files it comes up as empty

In device manager uninstall the IDE channel that the DVD is on then reboot. windows will automatically reinstall the IDE channel and the drive on boot up.

I did as you said. No change. it auto installed as u said but still the same problem reading cds but not dvds

Reading CDs is different from reading DVDs - a damaged head may still read CDs.

Try updating the firmware .... if this do not work buy a new drive.

id like to leave that as a VERY last result.

we tried updating. some people suggested something bout the decoder. ne1 got ne more ideas?

If you are hesitant about doing things in the regestry then I would say dont do it. there is no gurantee that this would even solve your problem. you could try flashing the drive with newer firmware ( if available) if that doesnt work then you are probably looking at needing a new drive.

yeh its jus i didnt see the problem i have there. also im gonna try new firmware. plus ive been told that it might also be that the lens needs cleaning or even the tray is a bit loose so ill look into that. thanx for the help neway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back