My Friend's Hijack this log

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

My friend keeps getting tons of popups on his system, and he was wondering if he has viruses/malware. He sent me his hijackthis log... but I'm no good at interpreting them.

That system is absolutely riddled with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of MetalX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey, MetalX's friend here, followed the steps up to 11.

Here are the logs(Now let's see if i can do this right).

(Oh, and i couldnt find a dl link to combo fix, and the rootkit scan came back with nothing found).

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The download link for Combofix is in step12 of the instructions.

All entries in your AVG Antispyware log say "Ignored". That`s because you didn`t tell AVG Antispyware to quarantine the results as per the instructions. See HERE for a pictorial guide.

I have therefore, removed your logfiles as they`re not of any use. Please follow all the instructions from step12 through step13 and post the requested logfiles.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of chimp only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back