My Gateway NV5334 laptop has power but won't display anything

Paracelcius

My Gateway NV5334 laptop has power, the LED light is on and you can hear the fan. But it either won't boot up or the monitor won't display anything. I have tried to connect it to an external monitor. I have also tried to drain charge by removing the battery and the memory stick and hold the power button. I have tried reseating the memory stick. But none of them worked. It beeped when I plug or unplug the AC cord as it usually does. The touch panel only has volume up and down working. I wonder if it was me deleting something that I should not the previous night. Or is it my motherboard has been fried. I really hope it's not the latter. So please help me if you know what is wrong with my laptop. Thank you so much.

Ah, I think it is a RAM problem. It worked once after I switched the RAM sticks. But after I went to close the backcover, it won't start up again. HELP PLEASE!

Laptop Computer hardware, like memory and hard drives take a real beating from heat, vibration and shock from bumps and dropping. If you want to keep using the laptop you will have to replace the memory...

Back