TechSpot

My Gateway NV5334 laptop has power but won't display anything

By Paracelcius
Jan 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. My Gateway NV5334 laptop has power, the LED light is on and you can hear the fan. But it either won't boot up or the monitor won't display anything. I have tried to connect it to an external monitor. I have also tried to drain charge by removing the battery and the memory stick and hold the power button. I have tried reseating the memory stick. But none of them worked. It beeped when I plug or unplug the AC cord as it usually does. The touch panel only has volume up and down working. I wonder if it was me deleting something that I should not the previous night. Or is it my motherboard has been fried. I really hope it's not the latter. So please help me if you know what is wrong with my laptop. Thank you so much.

2. Paracelcius

Paracelcius TS Rookie Topic Starter

I switched the two memory sticks and it worked! Thank you all!

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

Thanks for the update:)

4. Paracelcius

Ah, I think it is a RAM problem. It worked once after I switched the RAM sticks. But after I went to close the backcover, it won't start up again. HELP PLEASE!

5. Tmagic650

Did you replace the memory or just swap their positions?

6. Paracelcius

Just swapping them

7. Paracelcius

The RAMs are from two different companies. One is NANY^ 2GB 2Rx8. The other is samsung 940

8. Tmagic650

You might want to buy new RAM, both the same type and speed

9. Paracelcius

I have had my laptop for 4 years and never had a problem. Why do you think this is happening? I am financially strained so I want to try not to spend money on it :(

10. Tmagic650

Laptop Computer hardware, like memory and hard drives take a real beating from heat, vibration and shock from bumps and dropping. If you want to keep using the laptop you will have to replace the memory...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.