my geforce or my a7n8x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

hi all

Got a slight prob. Just got this mobo with a barton 2500 (runs at 3200 no probs :) ) but for the life of me i cant get my geforce to work! After having problems in windows where the pc would just crash/suspend (monitor light turned yellow and couldn't do anything 'cept reboot) i found out it was my graphics. If i stick in a pci ati card (rage 2 :cool: ) it works fine.

With the agp card in, sometimes the pc wont even boot properly - everything starts but no signal to the monitor. And when it does get in to windows, after a few mins the screen flickers then dies. Does this sound like the agp slot is messed or the geforce (which worked fine till now)

any help much appreciated!

Raz

(ps cant try another agp card coz i aint got one....till 2moro anyway)

A7n8x Deluxe
256 MB pc
350w psu
geforce 3 ti200.
2 hds, 2 cds .

Sounds like your AGP slot is screwed. Anyway this is just a speculation though. You'll have to wait till tommorow so you can test the pc with a working card. If the problem still presist, contact you local dealer (the place where you brought the mainboard from).

yup

managed to borrow my mates ati card (9600) doesn't work and mine works fine in his pc so i guess it is the mobo!

Raz

Might want to check BIOS settings for the AGP slot.

Check the Voltage, Apt size, etc.

Then there is the fact that your AGP slot might just not work too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back