My Hard Drive Smaller!!????!!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

Hi

my hard drive when i got it was 56GB i think it wass DEFINATLY IN the 50's im sure!!! now i look in my computer and its a 43GB? i dont know why? ive formatted and reinstalled windows within that time thou. how do i get it back? :knock:

Enter the BIOS and write down the model# and serial#.
Travel to the HDD manuf site and look up the stats.

patio. :cool:

ok i definatley had this same problem, not to fear i found out how to fix it.
Ok basically i bought a 80Gb HDD, the ppl put it together and everything worked fine, then one dayu i noticed that the HDD was only displaying 60gb (even though it says 80Gb on the HDD).

I was extremly pissed of. I rang my friend and he suggested he bring over a partitioning program, Next time he was over, he didnt have it.

So i set out on a search all over the internet, none of the trial versions would let me alter anything.

I found this DOS one, me, not knowing that i couldnt run DOS under win XP (WTF was i on??) found that it didnt work, i checked my HDD, and guess what, it was working at 80Gb.

I might still have the program somewhere on my other computer, so if you want it, i'll try find it for you.

Regards,
Ph30nIX..

When a pertition is used for Linux, it is quite possible (and likely) that Windows does not recognize it, as it is a non-windows filesystem. Guess your Linux sits in the 'lost' space!

its ok ive sorted this problem now, i downloaded samsungs utility and formatted with that and reinstalled everything (i love having a clean fresh computer) :) i made a 11GB linux partition, 1GB for the swap 10GB for linux :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back