My hard drive suddenly stopped working

So I was watching a movie and the movie froze, I closed the movie window then tried to go back into the same movie and I got a "not responding" window so I closed all the windows on my screen and went back to my computer, but my hard drive was not visible. I plugged it out and into another port.. still nothing I then did.the troubleshoot from tge devices and printers window and it told me it couldnt Identify the problem I then went to disk management but it popped up a message saying initialize disk before logical disk manager can access it
With a option of disk.1 that is ticked
With two options: use the following partition style for the selected disks :
1: MBR master boit record
2: GPT GUID partition table
I left it on MBR but when I clicked ok it popped a virtual disk manager window saying the request could not be performed because of an I/O devicr error and my disk is still not showing in the disk management window. On my computer I have 4 disks, local disk A with nothing inside it , local disk C with program files inside it, lenovo D thats the laptops drive and when local disk Q that says access denied when I click on it. I have a lit of family photos and videos on my hard drive I really dont want to lose it please please help me

You should NOT have attempted to format! WHENEVER there's a disk problem the very first thing we do is
  • CHKDSK C: /F
see if you can boot into safe mode with command line, go to admin and run the above

You should NOT have attempted to format! WHENEVER there's a disk problem the very first thing we do is
  • CHKDSK C: /F
see if you can boot into safe mode with command line, go to admin and run the above
I didnt format anything... I ran chkdsk it didnt work I dont know.if I.typed its in wrong

Must be typo; there are two spaces in that line, between the K & C and the ':' and the '/'

According to computermania there is a broken partition or something like that so I have to send it in for repairs to be able.to get my files back

Back