My headphones won't work!

By Minime88
Aug 30, 2005
  1. It is plugged into the right socket at the back of the sound card and it doesn't work. My desktop speakers work though, howcome my headphones don't work??
  2. nein

nein Banned Posts: 109

Ha ha... Did you know that you are giving even less information than what you had in your first try?
  3. RayJon

RayJon TS Rookie Posts: 30

well my headphones go into the front of my computer, what kind of computer do you have?
  4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

Are the headphones plugged into the correct output? Most Soundcards use the same Line Out for both headphones & front speakers (2/2.1).
    Alternatively, is it possible you need a headphone amp? Headphone impedance could be the problem too. More than likely it's just the connection is incorrect though; let us know the Soundcard & Headphones.
  5. Minime88

Minime88 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

Sorry that I have took so long to answer back, but I have found out that the headphone wire has been slightly torn, I think this is the reason why they don't work. I tried my friends headphones and it worked perfectly.

I think they are just forever broke.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.