My hijack this log and my memory commit charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

Hi all,

from desktop, I've got a memory commit charge of around 300m, with one instance of svchost using up 48,000k, and explorer using around 35,000k.

I think the first may be unusual?

I've included a hijack this log as I've recentley removed some malware from my system but am not convinced I've got it all.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gubar.

Your HJT log is clean. However, it is possible you still have an infection that isn`t showing up in HJT.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of gubar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I'll download all the files you suggested, and carry out those steps and reply here again tomorrow.

Regards,

gubar.

Hi again,

all steps completed and logs attatched. If they are in fact ok, does that mean it's normal for svchost to use so much memory?

Thank in advance for being able to help, this forum is a great site.

regards,

gubar.

Everything looks clean.

Therefore your problem is probably caused by some software that either has a memory leak or is just programmed badly.

My Explorer.exe takes around 28,916k, while my largest svchost.exe only takes 16,900k.

Take a look at these two threads and see if it helps.

HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of gubar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back