1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

my hijackthis log

By Pandaren ยท 10 replies
Mar 22, 2007
  1. Hello guys.I hope you can help me.I have the problem with the System Idle Process using 100% of my CPU and causing slow performance for my PC.I have scanned my PC with AVG Anti-Spyware and with HJT.I have attached my HJT log.Hope I did everything that need to be done.I really need your help !Thank you.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean. However, you`re running HJT from the wrong location and you need to rename HJT as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Pandaren only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. Pandaren

Pandaren TS Rookie Topic Starter

Fresh HJT log

Here is my fresh copy of the HJT log after i did everything that is said in the "How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT".Hope its OK now. :p

4. howard_hopkinso

I can`t see any HJT log. ;)

Regards Howard :)

5. Pandaren

I see i haven't attached it.When i tried to attach the new file i got the message "You have allready attached this file to the my hijackthis log thread".And now i don't know how to attach the new log.I'm not to good with the forums so i need some instructions what to do :p.

6. howard_hopkinso

I have removed your old HJT log, so you should now be able to attach the new one.

7. Pandaren

Thank you.Now I attached the new log succesfully.I think its OK now

8. howard_hopkinso

That`s exactly the same HJT log you posted the first time.

9. Pandaren

Sorry.Now This is 100% the new log .

10. howard_hopkinso

Your HJT log is clean.

If the system idle process is using 100% cpu, it means your cpu isn`t being used.

Take a look at this thread HERE, it`ll help you to speed up your system.

Another thing you can do to speed up your system, is get rid of Symantec/Norton, it`s a real resource hog. Also, turn off the AVG Antispyware resident shield.

See this thread HERE.

Here are some programmes I recommend.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm or Kerio free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

This thread is for the use of Pandaren only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

11. Pandaren

Thank you.I will do everything you told me to and I will inform you on how my system is running .

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.