My hjt TXT file :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the most infected HJT logs I`ve seen for some time.

I advise you to backup your impotant data and do a complete reformat and reinstall. The reason I`m asking you to do this, is because of the damage those infections have probably done to your files. This would explain why your drivers have gone missing.

You are also running a completely unpatched version of windows and have no antivirus or firewall programme installed. No wonder your system is a mess.

Before you reformat, go and download the free AVG antivirus programme and the free Zonealarm firewall from HERE and HERE.

Burn them to a cd. After you have reformatted and reinstalled windows, install Zonealarm, followed by AVG. Then, connect to the internet and run the AVG updates.

Then go to the Windows update site and download and install Servicepack 2.

Then go to your mobo manufacturers website and download and install your mobo drivers etc.

Regards Howard :)

I am 13, everything that looks good I download :) gamewise.. :)... I'm going to have to get the reformat disc from my neighbors, is there a way I could do that online or something?

x0XxDualityxX0x said:
I am 13, everything that looks good I download :) gamewise.. :)... I'm going to have to get the reformat disc from my neighbors, is there a way I could do that online or something?

Are you telling me, you don`t even have your own copy of WindowsXP?

If this is so, you need to get your parents to buy you a WindowsXP disk. Each WindowsXP disk is only supposed to be run on one computer.

:-D, I have no idea what you just said,I used to just reformat my computer when anything f***'s up, lol. TY for those programs though, that firewall looks really cool, should I get the firewall full version off limewire?

No, you should not get the full version off Limewire.

1 because it`s not legal and could land you in deep trouble.

2 because most things off Limewire are virused.

I have to tell you, Techspot does not condone the use of pirated software.

We are not allowed to help with anything of that nature.

Please don`t ask that type of question again.

..Ok then.. uhm.. What were you suggesting then, because all I have is the 15 day free trial :-\ So, how would I save that to a disk and continue it when I get my computer reformatted? I don't use limewire anyway :suspiciou

Once the 15 day trial is over. Zonealarm just reverts to the free version.

So, to answer your question, yes burn it to disk, along with the AVG free antivirus programme and reformat.

AVG must be a good program, I told my neighbor about this annoying spyware and stuff and he sent me avg, I also told his dad later today about it and he reccomended it too. So, until I re...forgot the word, is there a way I could download a display adaptor to play my crimsonland game?

Don`t bother. Wait untill your have reformatted etc, then do it.

Everest will tell you what graphics card you have. You can then go to your graphics card manufacturers website and download and install your graphics card drivers.

Alright,

Ok, while you know these other problems and have helped nicely..

A while ago I got this great graphics card... It was like the best compaq had... So anyway, it was workin great and my comp started to mess up like a couple months later... reformated and the computer didn't detect the card, just the default one (I have 2 slots) And I've just been going on with that default card in my computer and the good one in my closet... I prolly won't understand what you have to say to help me, I barely understand what I'm saying, but could you try to help anyway? Thanks

P.S why do I keep getting logged out after like every post, I'm hitting the remember me thing.. :-\

I don`t wish to appear rude or anything, but you need to reformat your computer. Not go asking any more questions lol.

If you don`t know what you`re doing when installing a graphics card, you can either ask someone you know who does, or post your question in the audio and video forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back