TechSpot

My impetus is my ignorance

By mcnewbie
Jul 1, 2009
  1. Like most rational people, I hate introductions. So, I will be brief.

When it comes to computers, I know about 2% more than your average shmo, which practically makes me a genius. The sum of what I don’t know is only slightly greater than what I am able to competently research and learn, and that is what I am here to do.

Shall we begin?

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

LOL Mc, welcome to techspot.

3. snowchick7669

snowchick7669 TS Maniac Posts: 660

Ah, the cynical humor of a computer forum member

You will be well at home here in TS :)

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,880

Redact and Syntax Suggestion......

Perhaps, "More cynical humor from yet another computer forum member"!

Why? Because I too am proud to call myself a pseudo-intellectual smart-a**!

5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

playing the straight man

well i would be willing to call you one to provide fertile ground for a eloquent retort.:D

(btw,to preempt the smart a***** in here, in the old days, the straight man was the the serious setup guy of a comedy team):p

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,880

Red...., I Have Good News and Bad News.......

The good news is the we are both old enough to remember the comic conventions of days gone by.

The bad news is that we are both old enough to remember the comic conventions of days gone by.

Anyhoo, it's always refreshing to see such terms as "impetus" bandied about.
    Tragically, I always seem to suffer from "impetus interruptus". Here again I wax nostalgic, for in the "good old days", we had many readily available medications to overcome this affliction. :rolleyes: Like they used to say, "better living through chemistry".

@McNewbie...."My impetus is my ignorance"! Well not to worry we're here for you, veritable bastions of computer enlightenment, ready to rail against the dark, bleak places were computer confusion dwells.

If not, there's always; http://www.neowin.net/index.php?category=main Any port in the storm, that's my motto.

7. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

The red carpet has been unrolled.

8. mcnewbie

mcnewbie TS Rookie Topic Starter

Now that's what I call a welcome. I shall take a pint in honor of the occasion, and might I recommend the same for all of you.

Cheers!

9. snowchick7669

snowchick7669 TS Maniac Posts: 660

Considering it is Friday in my small country, I can guarantee correct action will be taken :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.