TechSpot

My Introduction

By AgentGustavo007
Mar 31, 2009
  1. Hey guys! As you may notice my name is Gustavo. I got to this ofrum for help. I been trying to fix my computer for the last 24 hours, I haven't even sleep. I already format the Hard Drive and reinstalled Windows XP again. My probem was that the computer kept shutting down by itself, but after all I did, that problem is fix. however my results from Google are still been redirected to other websites, so I decided to install Avira, I'm actually running the scam right now, is going about 7.1% and already found a Trojan, it's called TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen like 3 times. Avira says that it cannot be removed, so it was put on Quarentena. SInce the scan still running I have been trying to find other ways to fix the Google issue, so I ran into these 8 steps you guys provided here: techspot com/vb/topic58138. I already downloaded the CCleaner, the Hijackthis and the SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version, but for some reason Internet Explorer will not let me download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I'm waiting for the scan to end to see go to step tree and run the CCleaner. Thanks guys for the help you offer, it's very valuable.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi AgentGustavo007 :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

Please read how to post a new thread in this Guide

Before posting please read all the Posting Guidelines

To access technical support please go to the Forums

It is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here

Enjoy your Stay :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.