TechSpot

My laptop can't load Windows, BSOD appears

By arechor1605
Jun 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. my laptop suddenly blank when in the middle of surfing the internet..after i reboot the laptop i was unable to load to window and this BSOD appear with code as below..

can i fix my laptop?

STOP:(0x00000001, 0x8AFF0948, 0xB6000000, 0x00000181)

what is that code mean?which area that cause the problem?

i am not good in computer so i do not know how to solve this problem.

2. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 142

Are you able to start windows in safe mode?

3. arechor1605

arechor1605 TS Rookie Topic Starter

no i cannot even start with safe mode..

i also have tried using the installer to repair the OS but it also no effect

4. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 142

Have you recently installed/updated any drivers or software? I ran into this problem before where windows became completely corrupted because of a certain program. I ended up backing up important info on the drive and just reinstalling windows.

But BSOD's can happen for a lot of reason's though it can also be hardware related. Anything from overheating to memory failure. Any more information you have on how it crashed or started crashing would help.

5. arechor1605

arechor1605 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i do not remember installing any software or hardware at the time the laptop crash...i was in the middle of surfing the internet using a broadband device and suddenly the screen goes blank...just like when you left you laptop on for a while then the screen goes blank.i tried to make the screen on again by hitting some keys on the keypad but does not have any effect. then i force shut down it by turning off the power and restart it.at this point i am not able to restart it anymore and there come the problem.