TechSpot

My laptop freezes for about 2 minutes

By Coreyy Bakerr
Jan 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I Have An Emachines E525 Laptop Which Has A Problem.
    It Freezes Briefly For About 2-3 Minuets And It Gets Very Annoying, Its Running On Windows 7 Home Premium (x64), 2Gb Of RAM And Has A 1.90Ghz Dual Core Celeron Processor.

Anyway, It Freezes For About 2 Minuits Then Goes Back To Normal As If Nothing Has Happened.

I Go To The Task Manager And Look At The Processes But Only 4% Of The CPU Is Used But The RAM Is Almost Used Up :( Could Somebody Help Please :)

Kindest Regards Coreyy :D

2. Mugsy

Mugsy TS Maniac Posts: 431

Network likely

Though Win7 is much more tolerant of enabled/disabled Networking, my experience has typically been that when a PC "freezes" for a couple of minutes, it's usually because it is attempting to access a Network resource that's not there, and it takes about two minutes for the system to "time out" and give up polling the network.

Whether you've ever had your notebook on a wired or wireless network, you didn't say. But when a Windows PC chokes for two minutes, that's almost always the cause.

Check your Home Network settings, and make sure your notebook isn't trying to access any remote drives/resources.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.