My laptop freezes for about 2 minutes

Hi, I Have An Emachines E525 Laptop Which Has A Problem.
It Freezes Briefly For About 2-3 Minuets And It Gets Very Annoying, Its Running On Windows 7 Home Premium (x64), 2Gb Of RAM And Has A 1.90Ghz Dual Core Celeron Processor.

Anyway, It Freezes For About 2 Minuits Then Goes Back To Normal As If Nothing Has Happened.

I Go To The Task Manager And Look At The Processes But Only 4% Of The CPU Is Used But The RAM Is Almost Used Up :( Could Somebody Help Please :)

Kindest Regards Coreyy :D

Network likely

Though Win7 is much more tolerant of enabled/disabled Networking, my experience has typically been that when a PC "freezes" for a couple of minutes, it's usually because it is attempting to access a Network resource that's not there, and it takes about two minutes for the system to "time out" and give up polling the network.

Whether you've ever had your notebook on a wired or wireless network, you didn't say. But when a Windows PC chokes for two minutes, that's almost always the cause.

Check your Home Network settings, and make sure your notebook isn't trying to access any remote drives/resources.

Back