my laptop has bluetooth?

By !halo5!
Aug 31, 2007
  1. Hi.
    I thought that my laptop was not bluetooth enabled, because when i asked some people before they said it isnt unless you see the bluetooth icon on your taskbar. Well, today i was lookin through my C: and found a file in C:\SWSETUP\Btooth that was an install file. I ran it but at the end i got an error message saying no bluetooth device found. so i hit ok but now i see the bluetooth icon on my taskbar and in my computer under removable devices it says MY BLUETOOTH PLACES.

I found the error message on Microsoft's site, but their solution didn't work for me.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You installed the bluetooth software, so obviously you have the relevant icons visible. It said there is no real blutetooth device, so there probably isn't.

You should have a bluetooth radios section in your Device Manager if you have a BT adapter.

Smaller computer makers usually just throw all the drivers they have on all the computers they make without bothering to sort them for the specific hardware.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.