TechSpot

My laptop is very rare.

By Philcey
Oct 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right first of, my laptop is a sony vaio pcg - 7m2n i cant find much about it on the internet at all. Even google finds hardly anything.

I need to restore the computer cause it wont start. It give you a few options to start in safe mode and all that .. then eventualy gets to a blue screen, flashes for a second. and restarts and the same happens all over again.

From what i have worked out Vaio don't give recovery disks when you get a laptop. I cant find any recovery disks that work with my model..

any idea?

thanks.
  2. rhalnz

rhalnz TS Rookie

Try reinstalling the OS with your own bought cd or dvd of your OS. I think it has to be an installation of software problem. And this is the first aid you can take if you don't have the recovery disks ... I bet the recovery disks will actually put you in the same state as you are in now ... so if you get it fixed better not use them for a while or at all ... I may be wrong though ...

you can use free OS open source software like Like Linux ... they are more cool :)

Wish you could fix your problem ....
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

if you have a store bought copy of windows, it should be able to locate the drivers you need when you do an update.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.