My Laptop keeps shutting down after multiple web pages are opened

Hello, I was reading online that after some years you should add new thermal paste to your cooling and clean fan.. so since my laptop was from 2012 I decided to do that. I removed the backpanel and the copper cooling and noticed lots of black soot. (Probably cause we use candles which we now have stopped). I used a small electric blower to dust out all that black soot and used coffee filters to try to clean up most of the soot. I used the electric blower to get out all the soot in the laptop fan too.

I noticed the thermal compound did look a bit dry but I just left it as that

Heres some photos of how it all looks like.. After dusting I placed everything back together but <bold>now the problem!</bold>

d6sk7.jpg

2vju7vn.jpg

vz9chy.jpg

245wmqc.jpg

11he7nd.jpg

25hg6dt.jpg

1gmw3q.jpg

Now every time I open multiple web pages with google chrome or firefox my computer automatically shuts down. It's like any program that uses a lot of my graphics card will make pc shut down automatically

Just so you know yes my fan is working cause I hear it and feel some warm heat air coming out of the vents.

Im not sure what I did if its cause I need to add new Thermal Paste?

<bold>Specs:</bold>

MSI GT60 laptop
Intel graphics card
nVidia GeForce GTX 670M 3,072MB PCI-Express GDDR5
3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3920XM Extreme Edition (2.9GHz - 3.8GHz, 8MB Intel® Smart Cache,
Ram: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

Thermal Compound IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU was installed in 2012

<config>Windows / Chrome 47.0.2526.106</config>

Looks to me like you had the heat sink off. I always replace my thermal paste when I do that.

See for method:
- good use of coffee filters.

Back