My laptop key board is messed up

After my brother sprayed it with glass cleaner.my laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.
thanks

Leave the laptop in a warm place for a couple of days, Its probably just glass cleaner messing with the connections.

If this does not work, a replacement keyboard may be required, These are quite cheap to buy and usually very easy to install. Post your laptops model number and ill see what I can find.

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.

I tried on screen keyboard and it works well the problem is the keyboard it self

Leave the laptop in a warm place for a couple of days, Its probably just glass cleaner messing with the connections.

If this does not work, a replacement keyboard may be required, These are quite cheap to buy and usually very easy to install. Post your laptops model number and ill see what I can find.

its been a day since that happened , I put the laptop in the sun to make sure the keys are dry, but the proplem still persists. iam using Dell inspiron N4050

Keyboards here :http://www.ebay.com/bhp/keyboard-dell-n4050

Removal guide:

The ribbon cable underneath will unplug from its socket on the motherboard, this socket should unlock. Do not just force the ribbon cable out.

Not sure what particular socket (Zif connector) you will have, but usually the different colored piece on the socket is the piece you need to move. Post a photo if you need help.

Buy a new keyboard from ebay, the keyboard inside is dead and hard to fix. I strongly suggest you buy a new one because repairing a dead keyboard will cost your so much time and it will be dead again in the future. I know this kind of problem.

Back