TechSpot

My laptop screen has issues

By seththeclown
Dec 22, 2004
  1. Ok I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with a gateway solo. When I turn it on the screen does not turn on right because the screen does not light up unless I give it a few good taps and maybe adjust and fala light I think there may be a loose wire or something but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what wires could be lose. :hotouch:

2. Crazy

Crazy TS Rookie Posts: 191

If you have to hit it a few times it's definatly a hardware problem, best bet(if it's not in waranty anymore), is to open it up and check the connections.

Or, what is also might be, does that laptop still work with a magnatic contact for the screen?. Could be this that is cousing you problems.

3. seththeclown

seththeclown TS Rookie Topic Starter

Im gonna open it when Im done here and check for loose connections thank you.

4. seththeclown

seththeclown TS Rookie Topic Starter

HaHa I fixed it there was a coil that fell off a chip on the bottom of the moniter.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.