My laptop speakers are wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frus

Hi
i got a dell dmiension 1420 notebook, just 3 months ago i had a little accident,
throwing some hot coffee on it, my laptop was in coma for about 2 weeks, then it started to work, just the cpu fan was dead so i changed it. Now i have a problem with the speakers, sometimes they just dont work, i dont know if my speakers are wrong or its something with the sound chip on the board, its really weird, they sound for 10 or 20 seconds then they just dont sound anymore for about 10 o 30 seconds , then they sound again and so on
u understand right?
i need some help here because i was about to buy a new pair of speakers from ebay , maybe that wont help me if its the chip right?
thanks

Try this... Do you have ear phones for a Ipod or MP3 player or something CD player etc.. Connect that to the laptop headphone jack. See if you can hear sound? If not then you got a problem from the coffee spill and you're lucky the system came back on as most don't even get that far. I know I repair laptops an more..

hi thanks for the answer
i forgot to mention that thanks
when i use external speakers or earphones i have no problems
the only problem is when i want to listen to the internal speakers
thats when i get the cuts on the sound.
maybe the speakers are wrong right?
thanks

In that case the internal speakers are faulty after the spill then you would need to go external then. You can get it fixed by a technician unless your handly, unwise use external means..

that means i need to buy new internal speakers?
just putting them on will fix my problem?
or is more complicated?
thanks

Unless you want a tech to do the job not going to be cheap base on hourly rates or jobs. So it better to get those USB external speakers or 1/8 stereo external speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back