My laptop turns on then shuts off? I dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am having a problem that i thought was my HD but is not i guess. I turn on my computer then it shuts off, i took out the battery and used my adapter still then same thing, i took out the HD as well and still the same. Nothing shows on my screeen either, something wrong with my heat thing??? or fan?? then fan is ok, no heavy noises.

I have a Dell 5100 only 2 years old. PLease help, from what i have read, something to do with power, or heat sink but i dont know where it is , and am not paying some one millions to do it.

Sudden shut downs can be caused by a couple of different things, but the first thing you should check is your system temperatures. Are you able to boot up at all right now? If you can, then download and install the program to check your system temps:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

If you can't get into windows, are you able to get into your bios? You can also check your temperatures in there.

Can you hear your case fans spinning?

Yup

No sorry i can not boot up at all, iwas looking on the forums, and it may be the board, but, but.... i can not get into bios or windows fan is going steady.

Thanks for the help.

So when you push the power button, can you describe exactly what happens? What do you see (lights, on screen, hdd activity icon flashing)), what do you hear (beeps, fans, hard drive activity)?

hbavdba said:
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am having a problem that i thought was my HD but is not i guess. I turn on my computer then it shuts off, i took out the battery and used my adapter still then same thing, i took out the HD as well and still the same. Nothing shows on my screeen either, something wrong with my heat thing??? or fan?? then fan is ok, no heavy noises.

I have a Dell 5100 only 2 years old. PLease help, from what i have read, something to do with power, or heat sink but i dont know where it is , and am not paying some one millions to do it.

Have you tried it with just the battery?
It may be the PSU that's kicking out..

It could be just your button that disables your monitor. (when you close the lid) It happened to me once, I spilled something on my laptop and that button was stuck down, so when i turned it on, it did the same thing that you explained. But it's probably something more than that :p

I also are experiencing the same problem...
(I start my Dell C600 and it only boot up as far as to where I see the Windows logo and then it shut off)

But what is a bit different is that I thought at first it was my battery so I changed over to my extra battery and the laptop did start up and I used for like 30min. but that was because old battery was not charged completely.

And then once again experience same problem to where it only boots up to Windows logo again.

Which got me thinking, Is it the charger that is not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back