My laptop won't connect to the wifi on its own, but does so when connected with an Ethernet cable

I'm frustrated beyond belief. I'm planning on getting a new laptop anyways, but I still need this one in the meanwhile. This morning, after booting up my laptop, I found that it wasn't connecting to the wifi. In fact, it couldn't find any networks. I started to troubleshoot, and windows gave me this. I did all the steps and as you can see the problems are still not fixed. I've also tried doing a system restore, installing the newest updated drivers, pretty much everything you can try. This is a problem only isolated to my laptop, my phone and everyone else's devices are working fine with the router.

But here's the weird part. Even with the ethernet adapter disabled, the only way I can connect to the WiFi is when I'm connected with an ethernet cable to the router. Unfortunately, upon unplugging the ethernet cable and moving say 5 feet away from the router, the wifi is disabled and I disconnect from the internet.

1X3Ox

Also here are my specs are in the attached files if relevant. My wireless driver is an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Attachments

• troubleshooting.PNG
    troubleshooting.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 3
  • what.jpg
    what.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 3
  • spec.PNG
    spec.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
Hmm with my experience with Windows 10 I've seen this happen to me. Have you power down and recycle the Router or WiFi access point. Do that go into it and see if it can see your laptop. If you know the laptop WiFi adapter MAC address you can assign a static IP address for your laptop 192.x.x.x.x then add the MAC address to the DHCP Regst if you have an option in your Router though. On that laptop do this:

Run as the Admin (optional)
Press flag key plus R key
type in CMD
type in ipconfig /flushdns

type this also and post it here: cd.. enter cd.. enter ipconfig > mynetspecs.txt enter that file would show up in the C: root folder. Send the file I want to see what your seeing.. Make sure your not on 169.x.x.x.x Another trick you can try is to remove the driver for your Wifi but don't delete it just uninstall it okay. Then Reboot Windows 10 this would forces Windows 10 to re-install the WiFi driver thus setting up your WiFi again. But you have to select your WiFi Network name again in the process and then add your passcode (password for your WiFi network) This should solve your issue. If it doesn't let me know here. I'll check back later.. See what are you results.

Back