TechSpot

My Laptop

By Window Kid 7100
Oct 9, 2005
  1. My Laptop Is a PCG-GRX590 (VAIO) and its hard drive got wiped out. Now when ever I try the windows XP setup it says AN INTERNAL SETUP ERROR HAS OCCURED. CANNOT FIND A PLACE FOR SWAP FILE what do I do!!!!!

2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

when you tired using windows setup did you delete the existing partition, create a new one, then format it?

3. Window Kid 7100

Window Kid 7100 TS Rookie Topic Starter

What's that??

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,351   +622

If you have an XP install CD (not the recovery cd), boot from it and tell it
    to install a new system. It will prompt for everything and it should do it all.

5. Window Kid 7100

I have the CD but it says "An internal setup has occured. Cannot Find a place for swap file." I tested the CD on my other computer and it works fine on there.

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,351   +622

you need to let it to format the HD before installing. choose a different option when it prompts

7. Window Kid 7100

It only shows one option that says "Press Enter to exit"

8. Window Kid 7100

I got my laptop to work up until I insert the 6th cd (Was a floppy image but I didnt have one so I burned it on 6 CDs). A blue screen comes up and says that I haev to check the Hard drive for a virus or if it's corrupt. I already checked it if had a virus and it didn't. This whole freak'in problem was caused by the system tools. (Defragmenter). I think I will switch to Macintosh. puke::mad: <Heyyyy!!!!

9. Victor587

Victor587 TS Rookie Posts: 47

You probably haven't searched hard enough yet, or with multiple programs. I am not aware of any problems caused my the disk defragmenter... I doubt that is the case.

10. Window Kid 7100

I got it to work!!!! It's Currently formatting(4:29 PM Pacific Time). I'll tell you guys the results tomorrow(Oct 22) :giddy: :suspiciou :D :unch: :unch: :hotouch:

11. Window Kid 7100

Everything is Great! Exept my computer wont take my product key!! AHHH STUPID SOB.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.