My Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Window Kid 7100

My Laptop Is a PCG-GRX590 (VAIO) and its hard drive got wiped out. Now when ever I try the windows XP setup it says AN INTERNAL SETUP ERROR HAS OCCURED. CANNOT FIND A PLACE FOR SWAP FILE what do I do!!!!!

when you tired using windows setup did you delete the existing partition, create a new one, then format it?

If you have an XP install CD (not the recovery cd), boot from it and tell it
to install a new system. It will prompt for everything and it should do it all.

I have the CD but it says "An internal setup has occured. Cannot Find a place for swap file." I tested the CD on my other computer and it works fine on there.

you need to let it to format the HD before installing. choose a different option when it prompts

I got my laptop to work up until I insert the 6th cd (Was a floppy image but I didnt have one so I burned it on 6 CDs). A blue screen comes up and says that I haev to check the Hard drive for a virus or if it's corrupt. I already checked it if had a virus and it didn't. This whole freak'in problem was caused by the system tools. (Defragmenter). I think I will switch to Macintosh. puke::mad: <Heyyyy!!!!

You probably haven't searched hard enough yet, or with multiple programs. I am not aware of any problems caused my the disk defragmenter... I doubt that is the case.

I got it to work!!!! It's Currently formatting(4:29 PM Pacific Time). I'll tell you guys the results tomorrow(Oct 22) :giddy: :suspiciou :D :unch: :unch: :hotouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back