My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

Hi, i went to my pc this morning and the monitor light just keeps flashing blue, ive turned the power all off and restarted several times but still no display and still blue flashing light, i did clean the dust out of my pc a week ago all worked fine after,im really at a loss of wat to try,anyone there that might be able to suggest wat i do? i was thinking of sending my pc/monitor to be repaired but i worried they will say all sorts of things are wrong when it might be something simple ,its not under warranty anymore.
many thanks
helen

just tried turning pc after disconnecting my monitor lead and my pc is now making a rather loud whirling noise, i plugged the lead back in and isstill flashing blue., and pc isstill now making the whirlinf sound

its my monitor not pc ive tried a different monitor and my pc works fine on it,any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed?

lg monitor

any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed?

Assuming that the monitor in question is a LCD ?
You could hold a torch up close to the screen and if you can see the normal screen (the one that's there normally there when your computer boots) then the problem is the back-light for the screen -may be repairable.

the monitor light just keeps flashing blue

However you might also find on the monitor manufacturers site a list of "Blink-codes" which will be interpretative in much the same way as Morse Code. And this may have implications to what is actually wrong internally with the unit.

Back