My monitor loses signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

I have what I think is a monitor problem but could be a videocard problem. I'm still doing some testings.

It used to be, every now and then my monitor would lose signal and I would have to restart my PC. Two days ago, the problem got serious and the monitor displays a message telling me the frequency was out of range. Rebooting doesn't fix it. The horizontal frequency was something like 0.2, and the vertical frequency was 345, but the numbers change with each reboot.

The monitor shows video fine up until Windows starts to load and the monitor just goes blank and the LED turns yellow. When I go to the bios screen, the monitor also loses signal within a couple of seconds. I don't know if it's a nvidia driver problem, but I don't think the driver is loaded yet at that point so it can't be.

My best guess is the monitor is malfunctioning or the videocard.

Any ideas? My monitor is a 19" Envision 980e and videocard is a Leadtek A250 LE TD, My ViVo edition. Both are about 1 years old.

It can't be drivers if it malfunctions in the BIOS too.

Most obvious thing to do is to try another monitor and/or video card.

Do you have a plastic slide holder to hold your cards in if so remove it and use screws. The video card runs very hot when playing games and the plastic tab holding video card will melt letting video card droop in socket causing monitor signal loss. Waltrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back