My motherboard and graphics card lights up but nothing else happens

I decided to build a gaming pc and have set everything up but when it came to turning it on nothing happened besides the led on the graphics card and motherboard lighting up

What are your full system specs (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, GPU, PSU, HDD, and OS [32 or 64bit]?

Hmm. I think your PSU may be flawed. I would call the manufacturer and ask for a replacement.

His PS is the first thing on his list. Corsair CX 750. Start from the begaining. Check make sure the heat sink for the cpu is mounted correct, Then add back memory. Use the onboard graphics if you have such. To see if the computer will post. Then start adding back the rest,Such as hard drive and video card. This may help you narrow down the problem.

GPU and MOBO LEDs light up normally. I'm gonna say that your power button isn't connected properly.

Also check all other cables, of course...

His PS is the first thing on his list. Corsair CX 750. Start from the begaining. Check make sure the heat sink for the cpu is mounted correct, Then add back memory. Use the onboard graphics if you have such. To see if the computer will post. Then start adding back the rest,Such as hard drive and video card. This may help you narrow down the problem.
That's what happens when you use a iPhone for techspot and you are working on desktop mode (not mobile).

Turns out it was the case as it needed to be connected to the power supply at two different points.
Thanks for the help

Back