My msi k7n2 board wont post no more :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, i have a msi k7n2 - ms - 6570 version 1 mobo and i started building a computer (specs, that board, 256 ddr pc2100, amd 1800+ k7, maxtor sata hdd 160gb, geforce4 mx440 64mb and a phillips cd-rw) when i had finished i switched it on every thing seemed ok detected memory/cpu fine. I entered bios to set cd-rom first boot saved, exited/rebooted then never posts again but still switches on and doesnt beep. I cant understand why this has happened any ideas any one ? :confused: thanks Azz

If this happened to me i would unplug everything not required to boot i.e any pci cards (not including vga) and the cd-rom. then i would clear the cmos via the jumper on the board (check your mobo manual for details). usually your required to turn the power off, remove the cmos battery, move the jumper to clear the cmos and leave it for 15-20 secs.

Also double check none of the components have worked loose, i.e the ram, vga card, ide/sata cables etc. and if possible try tested components in the board i.e. another stick of ram, different graphics card.

If you try this and get no joy you have very little option but to rma the board.

Good Luck

:giddy:

:|

Iv tryed every thing now :( still nothing, i think it mite be the bios i am sending it away for sum 1 to have a look at hope this can be solved thanks for the help Azz.

You will have to jump the CMOS jumper and reset BIOS.

If you make drastic changes in BIOS, the MB sometimes hangs. I have had the exact same problem, particularly with overclocking.

Re-input your BIOS settings and try again. If it still hangs you will have to be more conservative with your overclocking.

It's MSI Motherboards!

I have recently had the same exact problem with 2 MSI motherboards. I ended up RMAing them. In my experience with MSI mobos, (they happen to be my favorite) they sometimes just stop working like this. Once it was from using the F10 option at startup to recover the BIOS and another time I used the MSI CoreCenter software to increase my FSB speed 1 increment and my system instantly crashed. When I rebooted, NOTHING; no POST and no beep. I still stick with the MSI boards due to their ability to flash the BIOS from within Windows and without needing a floppy disk.

The only thing to do is get a RMA from MSI if the retailer doesn't replace it http://www.msicomputer.com/msi_user/msi_rma/default.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back