TechSpot

My name is John

By JohnAlfred
Feb 18, 2008
  1. Recently retired manager who started out on an IBM 305 Ramac at the age of 18. In those days there was no operating system, no packaged software and no internet.

In my career I have worked through the popularisation of mainframes, minis, micros, networking and the ubiquitous PC.

In the beginning I was a programmer before progressing to become a Systems Analyst, Systems Manager, DP Manager for a Bureau, IT Trainer, Consultant and then back into IT Management.

Over time my technical involvement, (and skills), have become less as my Management Load became more.

I have worked with and for Engineering, Manufacturing, Directory Publishing, Hostelling, Automotive, Printing and Public Service organisations amongst others.

I have earned money from designing and running newspaper games which cannot be fixed.

I have contributed to my profession by being part of the DPMA, (now IMIS), sitting on their committees and helping to run a branch.

I was part of the committee that started and ran the Sheffield Marathon for it's first ten years and currently run a Ten Pin Bowling league and the local Folk Club.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

But can you make a good cup of tea?

Hi JohnAlfred :wave: and welcome to TechSpot

To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

Also it is customary to post your system specs in Edit Profile

Enjoy your Stay :)

3. M0R0NI

M0R0NI TS Rookie Posts: 86

Welcome John!

4. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

MORONI when I first saw your name I thought it was MORON1. sorry :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.