dual sata 80 gig hdds
2gb DDR2 667
Nvidia 7600 GPU
17" widescreen Ultrabrite screen
Lightscribe DVD burner
Docking station with integrated speakers
cordless mouse and keyboard
And Vista ready

I was gonna build a gaming rig, but decided to compromise and get a lappy that can play my games. What do ya'll think?

Nice, i have a compaq laptop (which is now hp) and i havent had any problems with it. They also have very good customer support. I didn't even know that hp makes "gaming" laptops.-gaming as in laptops with anything other then onboard graphics.

A 7900GTX on a laptop is a waste of money IMO. Get the same cards and put together a desktop system and it'll be much cheaper.
And great system nick! I own an HP Pavilion too. It's great.

Yeah, it works great! I loaded CS and maxed the settings and played it just fine. Much faster than my old computer, which sports a Duron 700mhz processor and a Radeon 9000 vid card. I'm sure my 4 year old will love to have it though.

What program do you use for litescribe? I've got an HP media center PC and it has a litescribe burner in it, but never messed around in it to use litescribe.

Any luck with the litescribe yet? I think I'll take a look at mine tonight, but I don't have much faith in it working, nothing that is tied into media center on that computer works except watching tv. Even after a format and restore.

Somebody posted a desktop screen shot in Meeting Spot and I noticed a shortcut on their desktop called 'Litescribe', wtf? I don't have such a program on my HP. I looked all through it friday and even searched the help file... Seems pretty stupid for HP to ship a computer with their litescribe drive and then not include a way to burn it. Perhaps Sonic has some ability to do that, but I didn't see any.

nickslick74 said:
Hi all!

Just bought a new laptop today. Got an HP dv9035. It's so sweet! Stats are:
Core 2 Duo 5500 (1.66 ghz)
dual sata 80 gig hdds
2gb DDR2 667
Nvidia 7600 GPU
17" widescreen Ultrabrite screen
Lightscribe DVD burner
Docking station with integrated speakers
cordless mouse and keyboard
And Vista ready

I was gonna build a gaming rig, but decided to compromise and get a lappy that can play my games. What do ya'll think?

Sounds good. Do you have a DVD-DL burner? What kind of audio?

If you are FPS gamer and do not have one already, I recommend the G5 mouse. I use for all the BattleField games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back