My new PC freezes from time to time, all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got new computer (buy it last week), details from everest:
motherboard: g31 (Motherboard ID 09/05/2008-G31-ICH7-6A89OG05C-00)
what mean the date here on my g31?
memory: 1 GB hynex (Hynix HYMP112U64CP8-S6)
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ST3500410AS

when its freeze mostly it realse by it self after 1 mins or so, and while its freeze i can only "alt+ctrl+delete" just to open the taskbar, not to click on something there.
and i can press on the ctrl+esc or the 1 button on the keyboard that do the same.
i can move the mouse, but cant click on nothing.

thats about it, any ideas what goin on? or any software that can run a test on my PC?
thanks guys!!

Tell us your power supply make and the amount of wattage. What operating system are you running, video card? How is your sytem airflow?

cidev power supply. p4-500W.
i use WINXP SP3, custom edition.
the video card...mm its on board, could be Intel GMA 3100??? (i found it on everest -> display -> pci / agp video.
what you mean by system airflow? about the fan?
i have 2 fans , 1 of them on the processor.

about my problem look.... for exemple now i wanted to click alt+tab to get to the everest window and its stuck, only when i click alt+esc its release, if i click without the alt+tab , directly on the window i want its ok.
and its keeps freeze when i click alt+tab again and again (just as i write you here i try it again and again)
i dont remember if all the time my PC froze it was when i click alt+tab...but ill try to put attention.

this problem i told you about alt+tab its keep doing it , but only while im in the IE7 and click alt+tab to get to another window (even not ie7 window).
but when im in other windows i can make alt+tab without problem.
maybe its something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back