my new pc

By etones
Aug 7, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. hi i have just got a new pc (specs below), and i have just noticed on the manafacters website that they have a new pc coming out in a few months, do you think i should have just waited until the new pc came out.

Windows xp pro
    Intel Pentium 4 550 3.4 GHz
    160 GB hard drive
    1GB ram
    256MB NVIDIA Geforce FX5500
    Samsung 17" TFT monitor
    56k modem
    52x cdrw + dvdrw
    JBL speakers
    SoundBlaster Live 24BIT 7.1 8 Channel Surround Sound Audio

and also they have a new pc coming out when windows vista is released
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

PC makers will ALWAYS have a new computer coming out every few months. It is the nature of the beast.
  3. timurtaljanovic

timurtaljanovic TS Rookie Posts: 40

i don't understand all your specs since i'm still new to all this computer information. from what i understood, you have a excellent speed, great ram, plenty of space on your hard drive and a nice monitor. :)

many, if not all, companies make the newer modles right after one comes out. it's not because they'd like to joke with you, but because competition is high, and they always need a computer coming.
    if that didn't happen, then people would always have the same computers. the same slow, worthless computers. no competition is terrible.

you shouldn't feel bad about the computer, since you bought a great computer, and it's only natural for a better one to come out after the older modle.

great computer. :) :grinthumb
  4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

ugh, here we go with the vist crap already. I would not run vista for some time after it is released, let alone the beta. I have enough trouble with xp as it is :dead: BUt you PC is pretty nice, although the 600 series p4 run alot cooler, but over all not a bad rig.

5. etones

etones TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 146

they did have a AMD pc available but it didnt look as good as this one. the specs of this one is below-

Windows xp
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor with 1600MHz HyperTransport Technology
    256MB ATi Radeon X300 PCI Express Graphics
    17'' TFT Analogue Flat Panel Multimedia Monitor
    56k modem
    52X CD-Rewriter
    16X DVD-Rom Drive
    Basic 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers