My New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShady23

I have had pics posted in the gallery for some time and I have had view but no rating or comments. Tell me what you think and leave a review or rate it.

I did not leave a description of what is in in but I'll do that hear :D

CPU: Athlon 64 3800 + Newcastle Core

Mobo: MSI KN8 Neo2 Platinum Edition

Memory: OCZ Gold PC3700 Rev 3 2x512MB Dual Channal Kit

Sound: SB Audigy 2

Video: PNY Verto Nvidia 6800 GT

Hard Drives: WD Raptor 74gb X 2 Raid 0 - Seagate Barracuda SATA 80gb x 2 Raid 0 - 80gig Seagate Barracuda 80gb IDE

Optical Drives: Lite-On 16 x DVD Burner - Lite-On DL DVD burner

Extra's: Enermax 3 1/2" LED Fan Controler - 3 1/2" Media Card Reader

PSU: SilverStone Zues 650 watts continuous 710 watts Peak (AWESOME PSU FOR THE MONEY !!! About $180)

Case: Lian-Li PC-65B

Hope you like it and give your honest opinion. Below is the link to the photo's
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/589

Enjoy !!!!

love that nvidia sign, all sparkly lol...sounds like a great setup and looks awesome to, you should be proud :grinthumb

lol @ amd inside, + it lookts like a bloody awsome PC :)

How much did the whole system cost?

ph30nix

JimShady23 said:
CPU: Athlon 64 3800 + Newcastle Core

Wow the is a verrry nice CPU

Overall it is a great rig...pics look nice to. Glad to see something different then the blue neon :D

Sean

Very nice.

But the GeF7800 is out already... :p

Also, I don't see why you got the 80gb SATA, at this point, maybe should've gone straight to 2x200gb raid0. Or is there some performance thing I didn't really see.

Also, its probably gonna house alot of movies, music and other data files (any programs run often should be on the dual raptors), so you don't really need it to be fast.

Blow some money, get the FX57 :p

Other than those things, that is an awesome PC!

80 gigs

I had the 80 gigs from my last system, I was struggling with the choice of getting a set of huge drives for a raid array but chose the raptors instead.

Personally I think the 380 gigs i have is fine. I have more than enough space for program storage and besides that the only media that I really save is MP3's wich is only at 56 some gig right now wich eqauls out to about 12,000 some odd songs. As for other media such as movie's I just burn them strait to vcd or dvd. I dont really enjoy watching a full movie on my 19" monitor rather pop them into the dvd player and enjoy with some beer, a big screen and a recliner :D

However I do see a nice 200 or so gig usb drive in the works to back up all my important stuff like mp3's, pictures and programs

Thanks for all the compliments....

As for the price, not sure on the final tally since i ordered part by park over a period of a few months but id say a little short or above of 2k on the case alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back