512 MB PC3200 RAM
    Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb RAM
    18.4gig 10,000rpm Hard Drive
    1.73ghz AthlonXP 2100+
    Enermax 350w Power Supply
    Blue Cathode Light
    Blue/Red 80mm Fan
    2x80mm Black Fans
    1x120mm fan (pointed towards motherboard and video card)
    40x12x48x CD Burner

How much did it cost? About $850 + tax. Who's got skillz?
    I got skillz! LOL. :)

For a cam pic of the system go to www.geocities.com/acidosmosis/

Comments welcome.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

sounds nice. I'm more of an Antec PS kinda guy. What did you do for a CPU HSF? You must have a SCSI controller from your old system to reuse? I have RAID, almost as fast and cheaper. I wouldn't have room on a 18 GB drive! I think I have 18 GB just in games. LOL.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Oh, found your other thread. Should be a good HSF. I have a MCX462-U laying around for when I give this MB to my daughter. Got a good enough deal on it to buy it over an AX-7.

4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I thought I reccomended newegg :confused:

Anyway, nice system and have fun w/ it!

5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Your new system sounds great, the case looks great too.

Well the one problem is the small harddisk....A bigger HDD and a good HSF id you don't have oneshould be in your next shopping list :)

6. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,574

your replies

Hehe. Guys I dont need a huge hard drive. I burn most of my stuff on cd's. I am going to use the 18 gig 10,000rpm as the main hard drive and if I wanna expand later on I'll go buy another 10,000 rpm. After all the Antec case holds 4 hard drives :). For now 18.4 gigs is enough. I have a ton of games just like one of you said but I don't store them ALL on my hard drive lol. Most are on cd's and I have usually no more than 5 games installed at once. Right now Half Life w/ DOD, Max Payne, Quake 3 Arena/Team Arena, Battlefield 1942.. and when Star Wars Galaxies comes out that will be on my system too :). I bought this system mostly so I could play Doom 3 hehehehe, although I'll use it for other things such graphics editing, possibly some video editing, sound editing (I'm a musician also), etc.

I didnt' get everything off newegg.com though. I got the case, fans, and light off newegg. The rest came from miscealleanous other sites that I found that were a little cheaper on some things. (mostly $10-15 cheaper) lol.

Thanks for the newegg.com recommendations though. They gave great customer service, and actually answered the phone unlike some places..... *COUGH*MAINCOMP.COM*COUGH*.... I'll never buy from THAT place again! lol.. no one even speaks english, they dont respond to emails.. well only 1 out of FIVE.. and cant spell or capitalize sentences! DONT BUY FROM MAINCOMP....lol

Oh yea.. guys... if you buy from a website.. go to www.resellerratings.. type in the website address and you'll find reviews.. nice info..

Check out www.frozencpu.com also

7. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

I like Google Gear alot, and reccomned it...fast shipping (free/$.50 2nd day air!), and great prices. I got 256MB DDR333 for $65(includes 2nd day air:D).

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,315   +266

I've only ever had great service from Googlegear - I'm very surprised by our Be Careful thread about them.

LNCPapa

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.