My one IDE HD is not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a hard time with viruses. so i decided to format C: and reinstall XP.i am using two IDE hards of 40 gig and 160 gig. i have xp's on both the drives but i am working with the xp on 40 hard disk. so i booted with an xp CD, although i was supposed to format only the partition C: unfortunately i had formatted the whole 40 gb. that way i lost all the data on my 40.(because there it didnt show me the separate partitions of disks)

after installing the xp when i open the "my computer" i realised that the volumes on my 160 is not visible there. so i opened disk mgt in computer mgt wondering there i saw both the disks(40 and 160). but for the 160 it was visible only a one partition and there it shows, that partiton takes the whole capacity of the disk. but i had 3 partitions on my 160.(here i have attached a view of my disk mgt window pls have a loot at it. there also you can see some unusual two capacities showing for that partition in above window(12.15gb) and the bootom window(153.38gb)) .

my all the important data are on my 160. i suppose the data is still there since i didnt format that.

so can anyone please help me to access the partitions on my 160.
thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back