My oven door blew up!

J

jtickner1

yeah, my family and i were eating tea and my oven door decided to blow up, was rather epic. probably the highlight of my day seeing shards of my oven door fly accross my kitchen,

i have a photo i might upload when i can be bothered.

i dont know how or why it would just explode like it did, anyone got any ideas?

Ours did the same a few years ago - apparently the glass can stand the heat from the over but not from the grill. I think one of the kids turned the grill on and forgot it. Big bang - glass everywhere. We then found the instruction sheet which said use the grill with the door open. RTFM.

yeah its rather odd, yeah was only the glass on the front not the actual door but still strange cause the oven or grill wasnt on, but the oven had been used about 10 minutes prior the incident

IDk, your cooking was really bad? OR it was a gas leak or the glass other side got overheated.bec cuz u had sumtin touchin the glass. OMG read the manual. And sue who ever u bought it from. =D

SNGX1275 said:
May have had something to do with whatever you did to create tea that you had to eat.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! Maybe "eating" the tea was a typo?

no 'eating' tea isnt a typo, maybe its just an aussie thing to call your dinner, tea. some other australian get back to me on that, cause i know all my friends say that as well

Take a look at this article HERE.

Exploding oven doors etc are far more common than one would think. You should contact the oven manufacturer asap, as this could`ve been potentially very dangerous.

Regards Howard :)

Something like this happened to my relatives with their over. At 3:00 AM in the morning my aunt heard something crackling in the kitchen and when she stepped into the room the oven door shattered. The oven wasn't on and the only explanation was that the glass had had some sort of micro imperfection that had caused catastrophic failure.

I made my old oven door explode when we got a new one, I made a firework ( I know how to make them ;) ) and just planted alot of them inside the oven in a middle of a dirt field, got behind a wall and blew it up :haha:

I'll record a new one Kitty when this oven breaks :haha:

There, I showed what the explosion looked like :D

AlbertLionheart said:
Ours did the same a few years ago - apparently the glass can stand the heat from the over but not from the grill. I think one of the kids turned the grill on and forgot it. Big bang - glass everywhere. We then found the instruction sheet which said use the grill with the door open. RTFM.
Sounds like thermal expansion caused some pressure in the glass, hot on top and cold on bottom part of the window.

Hmmmmm.........!!!!

jtickner1 said:
yeah, my family and i were eating tea and my oven door decided to blow up, was rather epic. probably the highlight of my day seeing shards of my oven door fly accross my kitchen,
i dont know how or why it would just explode like it did, anyone got any ideas?

This is the sort of thing that normally only happens in meth labs.

we also deal out of there, just incase you wanted to know. pm me for my address

jtickner1 said:
no 'eating' tea isnt a typo, maybe its just an aussie thing to call your dinner, tea. some other australian get back to me on that, cause i know all my friends say that as well

I dont know about that. I and just about everyone I know calls it dinner. People who call it tea are mostly from other countries such as new zealand and a couple of other places. May just be a Tasmanian thing cuz we all know you guys are a little strange ;)

Back