1. Systen specs:
    compaq presario v5101us
    win XP
    Processor 3300+
    2.0GHZ 128KB L2 cache
    1600MHz
    512Mb system memory
    60GB hard drive

ok, when I power on the laptop, the startup doesnt even take a minute, but now 5 minutes to get to the login window, and when I watch a video or open a program it lags, so does this just require cleanup? tweaking tips?

2. Uber-dude

Uber-dude TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

sorry for the double posts, it was an accident, how can i delete the other one?

3. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

I have deleted the other one for you.

I think the first thing you should do is check for viruses/spyware etc.

This thread is written by our resident virus/spyware guru. It is detailed and will completely clean your system if you follow the steps exactly:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

I have also moved your thread into the "security and the web" forum. If virus/spyware turns out to not be your problem, I'll move it again into the appropriate forum.

4. Uber-dude

no, its not really spywares, i did the stuffs, and also I tried to tweak it, it boot up faster but it still has some quite slow respondency. one of the ways i check it is I watch a video and check if it runs throughly or laggy.

is system restore advisable?

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Your HJT log is clean. However, you have not renamed HijackThis.exe as per the instructions in this thread HERE. Please do so and post a fresh HJT log. It also appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. Please install and run the said software as per the instructions in the above link.

Regards Howard :)

6. Uber-dude

ok, i did what you told, renamed hijack this, installed firewall and fresh log.

7. howard_hopkinso

Your HJT log still appears to be clean.

Go and read this thread HERE. It will help you to speed up the laptop.

8. Uber-dude

hmm I tried all of it.. the laptop runs good but you have to wait for it to be stable, in other words, it still lags.

9. howard_hopkinso

Ok, please post an AVG Antispyware log as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

10. Uber-dude

I don't really think its an infection, and system idle process is the 90+ above cpu usage and the rest is either 0 or below 5. booting and loading are the pain.

never mind i fixed the problem, the problem was hardware corruption, i just reinstalled the driver found in device manager and that's it.

11. howard_hopkinso

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I`m glad you`ve fixed your problem. Your HJT log is clean, just run the Ccleaner programme as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of Uber-dude only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

12. Uber-dude

Its alright, Thank you for the help, I have no problems with spyware/virus, its clean and I can handle it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.