My PC doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!The on-off switch on the back of the tower is turned to on and the pc starts automatically,without pressing the on button on the front!I can hear the fan of the cpu and the hard drive working properly.Only the red light in front of the tower is turned on.My cd-drive port is working properly but the pc doesn't start.Any help plz?????????????????????

I would check to see if all connections are secure first, if they are turn off all power and unplug power chord, disconnect video card (take it out) and put it back in, do the same with sound card, re-connect all power sources and boot up again. See what happens...Good luck! :grinthumb

Thank you very much!
I have to tell you though that i have already done what you suggest,but...no luck! :(
Any other suggestions plz?

Be careful!

I had the same problem yesterday, and now my computer won't even run the hard disk or fans! I will try to help you as best I can, but all I have at this point is, DO NOT OPEN THE POWER BOX!!! that's how my computer died. My 98 died. yesterday. it has very valuable information (to me) on it!

today I decided to take my motherboard off the case, and now it works fine! it must've been a short circuit in the MB or something. try taking the board off the case and touch the bottom to the carpet to discharge it.

Starcruiser322 said:
today I decided to take my motherboard off the case, and now it works fine! it must've been a short circuit in the MB or something. try taking the board off the case and touch the bottom to the carpet to discharge it.

Eh, I don't claim to know everything, but, I can't imagine that to be a great idea.

Furthermore, this thread is two years old ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back